MINE SPEC VEHICLE HIRE
Visa Hire specialises in hiring mine spec 4WD vehicles to mining, construction and technical trades people. Our mine spec vehicles can be prepared with mine-fit-outs to comply with the requirements and safety standards of many sites and mines including CSG / LNG sites and BMA sites.
Even if you’re not working at a mine site, you may require the extra safety features of a mine-ready vehicle for your construction or project site (see our Project Site Vehicles page for more information).
call 1300 993 767 to talk to Vista Hire’s 4WD specialists.
What Is A Mine Spec Vehicle?
Mine specification was a term originally used to describe the modifications made to light vehicles to improve their safety standards for use at mine sites. Today the terms ‘mine spec vehicle’ and ‘mine compliant vehicle’ are also used to describe vehicles that are used at construction sites, building sites, or by any company requiring vehicles to be equipped with extra safety features.
As different mines have different requirements, it’s vital you get a mine spec vehicle suitable for your site. We are well versed in preparing mine compliant vehicles for BMA, LNG, CSG and many other operators’ sites. And if you don't really know what you need, give us a call on 1300 993 767 and we'll walk you through the various options.
See our Mine Spec Requirements page for detailed specifications
Our Mine Spec Fleet
All of our mine spec vehicles can be tailored to the site or sites you visit. They are fitted with all-terrain tyres and permitted to tow, optional features include ROPs, traffic control triangles, commercial VHF and UHF radios, elevated tail lights, amber beacons and reverse beepers.
Our Mine Spec Utes are available in both manual and automatic transmission, loaded up with every feature you’ll need for even the most stringent safety requirements.
Our Mine Spec Canopy 4WDs are dual cab. The lockable canopy makes these vehicles perfect for securely moving sensitive equipment between work sites.
MINE SPEC OPTIONS
Our mine spec vehicles come equipped with a range of mine spec options. If you’re after a standard for a particular type of site, see our mine spec requirements page.
Our mine spec options include:
- Visibility options like elevated tail lights and reflective stripes.
- Identification options like positive ID signage.
- Roll over protection.
- Load restraint options including cargo barriers and roof racks.
- Reversing alarms, white noise and beepers.
- Vehicle immobilisation options like starter motor isolators and wheel chocks.
- Communications equipment, like site specific two-way radios.
- Road emergency kits including fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and traffic control equipment.
At Vista Hire, we work with our clients to ensure our vehicles comply with the mine site that you’re working at. If you have a specification you want met, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
Mine Spec Vehicles That Comply
We know how important it is to have a compliant work vehicle. You don’t want to get to site, only to be turned away because you haven’t checked the vehicle specification thoroughly.
At Vista Hire, all our vehicles go through a 50-point safety check prior to leaving our depot. It’s our way of ensuring that all elements of our mine spec vehicles are operating as expected.
We rent mine spec vehicles to comply with many companies’ vehicle standards including:
Our rental mine spec vehicles have worked across mine sites in Queensland and New South Wales including:
Peace Of Mind
When you hire a vehicle with us, you can expect to receive the best in service and expert advice:
- We’ll look after your mine spec vehicle for the entire duration of your hire.
- We provide 24-hour roadside assistance, and your mine spec 4WD will always be well-maintained, serviced and available at convenient locations for you.
- We are committed to resolving any vehicle concerns or additional needs you have, with a minimum of hassle.
All of this is covered in a simple day rate. No hidden costs or mileage limits – easy-to-understand rental agreements at competitive rates, meaning that you can concentrate on the job at hand without worrying about your vehicle.
Do I need a full mine spec vehicle?
Not every site requires full mine specifications for their vehicles. We provide civil spec or semi-mine spec vehicles for these cases, so you won’t be paying for fit-out you don’t need.
If you’re unsure what your site requires, get in touch and we’ll show you which accessories you’ll need.
Need More Information?
See our BMA page and our LNG/CSG page.
To provide you with a quote, we will need to know:
- The start date and duration of your planned vehicle rental
- How many vehicles you need
- The type of vehicle you need , e.g. wagon, dual cab, tray back, style side or canopy
- The mine site(s) you intend to visit
- Any additional accessories you require e.g. In-Vehicle Monitoring System (IVMS), site-specific radio.
Need to hire mine spec vehicles? Call Vista Hire on 1300 993 767