HIRE A VEHICLE WITH IVMS
Vista Hire rents vehicles with In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS) for use at mine and project sites where monitoring of driver behaviour is required. IVMS improves driver behaviour and therefore enhances overall safety.
Call Vista Hire to hire a mine vehicle with IVMS – phone 1300 993 767
WHAT IS ivms?
An IVMS or In-Vehicle Monitoring System is a satellite based tracking system that provides second by second, real time tracking of a vehicles movements.
IVMS increases driver safety
Driver safety is improved when a vehicle has IVMS by:
- Tracking real time vehicle location
- Monitoring driver behaviour including speed, engine RPM, braking, length and time of journeys
- Locating vehicles in case of emergency
- Sensing impacts and roll overs
- Indicating seat belt use
- Indicating when 4WD is engaged
- Identifying drivers using individual keys
- Providing crash investigation data.
We can configure the IVMS to give audible alarms. The most common triggers for these alarms are:
- Driving for more than 2 hours without a break.
- Excessive cornering, acceleration or braking.
- Not using the seatbelt.
- Vehicle stationary and idling for more than 5 minutes.
- Over speeding.
These alerts are valuable because they provide a safety reference for the driver and also the company monitoring the behaviour of the driver.
How Monitoring IVMS Reports Impacts Driver Behaviour
IVMS helps to actively promote the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) standards within a business. Our experience shows that those drivers who know their employer is actively monitoring the IVMS data are less likely to speed and more likely to wear their seatbelt than those who aren't actively monitored.
See our Case Study for more information on the importance of 'M' in IVMS.
Vehicles must have IVMS at some mine and LNG sites
Vehicles with IVMS are required for contractors at:
- Surat Basin sites operated by:
- Some Bowen Basin coal mining sites.
IVMS is a driver awareness tool
The IVMS unit has the ability to store data similar to the flight recorders used in aircraft. Hirers can request a red/amber/green (RAG) report generated from data recorded by the IVMS to confirm driver behaviour meets safety requirements. The RAG report can also be a useful tool to determine training needs or reward safe driving behaviour.
IVMS has a facility that identifies specific drivers through driver ID keys. This makes it easy to identify who is driving a vehicle at any time. This has follow-on benefits by being able to identify specific driver training that may be required and allocate driving violations that may occur.
See our IVMS Reporting page for more information on the types of reports you can request.
TYPES OF IVMS SUPPLIED IN VISTA HIRE VEHICLES
Vista Hire has three different types of IVMS available across our fleet:
- Plug and Play IVMS units from GPSi
- Go 7 from Securatrak.
Other USES for IVMS
IVMS has become an important tool in managing our fleet. With IVMS, we can proactively obtain odometer readings and better plan our vehicle servicing – this can save us, and our client, time and money.
In addition, we use IVMS for handling other safety-related issues, including:
- Assisting clients to locate their staff when working remotely.
- Managing infringements
- Estimating toll road account balance in real time.
- Assisting law enforcement agencies with their enquiries.
- Assisting insurance assessors by providing driver behavior data prior to incidents.
VISTA HIRE RENTS VEHICLES WITH IVMS UNITS
Vista Hire offers a range of vehicles with in-vehicle monitoring systems, including:
Need to rent a vehicle with IVMS? Contact Vista Hire online or call 1300 993 767